Tesco Media and Insight Platform, powered by dunnhumby, has unveiled a range of innovative new onsite and in-store media channels, allowing brands to reach shoppers at scale.
At an Upfront event in London, Tesco announced a suite of updates to its Tesco Media and Insight Platform, including Scan as You Shop media, new in-store digital screens and powerful new onsite digital performance ads, all powered by dunnhumby’s data science.
“Tesco are leading the way in retail media, giving brands and agencies the power to truly shape what Britain buys, with Tesco Media now standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the established media houses,” says Nick Ashley, MD, Tesco Media & Insight Platform. “This scale, combined with our advanced closed-loop measurement and cutting-edge data science, allows brands partnering with Tesco Media to connect with shoppers like never before.”
With more than 21 million Clubcard members, a vast network of 2,800+ stores and around 36% of the online grocery market, Tesco Media and Insight Platform allows brands and agencies to harness the power of Clubcard to reach customers in every corner of the country. Through precise data targeting and advanced measurement capabilities, it offers an unrivalled understanding of UK shoppers.
Channels announced at Tesco Media Upfront include:
- New Scan As You Shop media placements: Tesco is the first retailer in the UK to introduce dynamic ad-served display media onto in-store handsets
- Double the digital screens of any other grocery network: A growing network of 1,000+ in-store digital screens, and 500+ SmartScreens outside stores, bringing the benefits of digital media to the physical store
- New digital performance ads: New tesco.com and app ads including ‘Sponsored Browse’, ‘Special Offers’ and ‘Favourites’ placements
- Channel 4 partnership: Tesco is the first retailer to partner with all three UK TV powerhouses – ITV, Sky, and now Channel 4
- Product placement opportunities: Brands can now feature on Tesco’s own advertising across TV, social, radio, print, OOH and in-store
At the Upfront event Tesco Media also announced plans to drive standardisation of measurement across retail media, working alongside ISBA (the Incorporated Society of British Advertisers).
“Our unified goal led by brands is to drive responsible retail media investment. We have been working collaboratively with Tesco Media over the last year in our pursuit of retail media measurement standardisation,” said Bobi Carley, head of media, ISBA. “Our ambition with Tesco Media is to drive consistency and transparency in the retail advertising ecosystem, benefiting both brands and consumers alike.”